Background Switcher (Hidden)

Chet Baker's Birfday Pie

Sunday, December 14, 2014

Once a year, on his birfday, Chet Baker gets a special meal on fine Portmeirion china at the Big People's Table. Often it's roast beef with gravy and green beans.

Chicken pot pie is about his favorite thing of all. On his tenth birthday (December 12, 2014), Chet got a slice of pot pie.

As always, I am narrating his every move like an idiot. Like he's some canine Charlie McCarthy. Oh well. I can't help it. I'm a Crazy Dog Lady now, have been since December 2004, and it's just getting worse all the time.

I hope you enjoy this video half as much as Chet enjoys eating at the kitchen table. Please pardon my cackle.

              



15 comments:

And yesterday was Taylor Swift's birthday, who, with any luck, will one day be just as famous as YOU Chet! (...even though, pssst, she's a catlady).

I was cackling right along with you, Julie! Truth be told, Chet Baker has impeccable manners compared to a lot of humans I've seen. I notice how he hesitated before he put his "elbows" on the table, and only did so because it was the only way he could reach the food. He is truly a gentleman and a scholar!

Happy Birfday, Mr. Chet Baker! Looking good for ten years old!! Sweet, sweet boy.

Your cackle? Heck you even SNORTED!!! I love it. Love love love how much Chet enjoyed that pie and we all enjoyed hearing you and watching him enjoy that pie.

Sooooo cute - I love it.

Love the snort! "Please, Mether, I would like a bit more."

yum yum! and Chet polished the plate, too!

Posted by Gail Spratley December 14, 2014 at 10:49 AM

Happy birfday, Chet Baker! Loved your video - and I also love pot pie!

Posted by Patti Carpenter Cooter December 14, 2014 at 11:28 AM

Love hubby's comment, "those decorations are PAINTED on there." Too funny!

I watched this with our dog Ziva--she is very puzzled. And she asks Chet B. for some info:
1) what is chicken pot pie?
2) what is Portmeirion china?
3) how did you convince your people that you were allowed to eat at the table?

I'm so glad to have met someone just as crazy as I am to speak on behalf of a Boston Terrier. It's meh birfday, Mether. I got pie, may I?

Just wondering... Is Chet named for the jazz musician?

I am so glad that you, too, snort when you laugh, Miss Julie. Happy birfday, Chet Baker!
Miss Weezy in TX

Happy Birfday, Chet! So glad you enjoyed your pot pie. Loved your Mom's cackling, snorting narration too! ;-)

thank you for the great video! I love Chet Baker too! you are sweet to share him with us.

[Back to Top]