Background Switcher (Hidden)

Chet Baker Meets Drusilla the Bat

Sunday, December 16, 2012


This video was made November 3, when I'd just gotten Drusilla and thought she might turn into a nice bat, given gentle handling and time. 

Wrong. Drusilla is not a nice bat, as you'll see in the rather funny end of this bad, blurry video. Her true nature comes out. I can't blame her. She doesn't want to be around me. She wants to be hanging up with other bats. But still. She is a pill among pills.

And what also comes out is the true nature of Chet Baker, Boston Terrier, the gentlest, smartest, wisest little doggeh ever to walk the earth. Watch how he manages his feelings upon finding out that Mether has a new love. Restraint, thou art named Chet.

Do not worry, Chet Baker. I'm a long way from loving Drusilla the way I love you. Never gonna happen. Spring will come and we'll turn her loose and I'll be all yours again. Until the next time the phone rings with a baby bird on the other end of the line.



4 comments:

While I won't try to suggest that our doggie Ziva (the rescued lab/border collie mix) is anywhere CLOSE to Chet Baker in being well-behaved (because she is NOT), Chet's reaction is very like Ziva's. When I let her close to our hutch bunny, Ziva will NOT make eye contact. She longs to get close, but when I let her, she keeps turning her head this way and that. It's almost as if you can see her thinking--don't touch it, don't look at it, don't even think about it.

He is a good boy.

And yes, that was a classic 'you told me not to.'

What a great dog, Chet Baker!

No worries, Mr. Baker; Julie is your girl.

What a beautiful healthy looking bat and well behaved dog!

[Back to Top]