Background Switcher (Hidden)

A Real Simple Recommendation

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Dear readers,



  My alert sister-in-law Laura brought to my attention that Real Simple Magazine is looking for a coffee table book to feature in its August issue. She knew just the book to recommend. Why, so do I. Now, it would be cheesy for me to enter the fray, recommending my own book. But you?
                                     My putting you up to it wouldn't be cheesy at all, would it?

If you frequent Facebook (and who doesn't, these days?) and you feel like giving The Bluebird Effect a boost, or even its little sister Letters from Eden, and you do actually keep them on your coffee table because you love leafing through them, please tell Real Simple that. Here's the link to Real Simple's Facebook request for book recommendations.


Thank you so much!  Let's give this book wings!

And while I'm at it:

BOSTON AREA ZICK ALERT!!

On Saturday, April 21 at 10 AM, I'll give a talk on my experiences raising baby birds at the Mass Audubon Drumlin Farm Sanctuary in Lincoln, MA.  It's at 208 S. Great Rd,  and the contact phone number is (781) 259-2200. We'll have a field trip afterward, walking Drumlin Farm's bluebird trail. There will also be a book signing, so if you haven't got your copy yet, come get one signed in person.


For Boston area folks, I'll be on the Emily Rooney show, interviewed by Kara Miller, on WGBH sometime around 12:30 pm Thursday, April 19, so tune in your radios.


And Joe Viglione will interview me on Visual Radio (that's TV, actually), at 1:30 on Friday, April 20 in Winchester, MA. 


Back to packing and figuring out what to do with the bats and turtles and greenhouse while I'm away. Oh, Bill.....

3 comments:

Now that I have my copy, it arrived today, I will pop over and give it a thumbs up.

Though not on Facebook, let me say here that your new book is wonderful: beautifully written and beautifully illustrated. Much to admire! The sheer length of some of your care-giving commitments came as a surprise -- also to you and to Bill, no doubt, though the children may take it for granted (they must be deeply reassured that if you care for a Savannah Sparrow for umpteen years that they can expect that and much much more). Thank you too for going to such lengths to make such a fine book.

-- Nick from Ottawa

Posted by Anonymous April 18, 2012 at 11:41 AM

Ooh, Massachusetts: so close, and yet so far for this upstate New Yorker! I'm still hoping you will do a book-signing at our local Wild Birds Unlimited someday (I know you are FB friends with the proprietors).

[Back to Top]