Background Switcher (Hidden)

Who's the Scariest?

Monday, November 24, 2008

Andy and Jess' house was done up, all four floors of it, with Heaven on the top floor, all soft music and gauzy fabric and blue lights...My fellow Swinging Orangutang Vinnie and I take five in Heaven.

The basement of the house was Hell. There was a very nasty torture chamber down there. Oddly enough, I felt equally comfortable in both places, although after awhile Hell got to me and I went back to Heaven.
Andy and Jess had worked for weeks, with the help of Matt and Ali, to transform their warm and pleasant house into something Other for this party. The basement was undeniably creepy. Andy confessed to me that his childhood dream was to make monsters for the movies. He'd be real, real good at it.

Speaking of scary...Bill of the Birds was voted Scariest.
I cannot imagine why, unless it had to do with the fact that he was 6'8 in that wig, and he slammed his costume together the night of the party. He's always been good at improv. We took separate cars to the party, and when he walked in I had a laughing fit that lasted a good 15 minutes.
Here, he's talking with Zane, who did a very convincing turn as roadkill, complete with tire tracks and litter pasted all over his otherwise natty attire. Half his teeth are gone, and his glasses are shattered. Beautiful. Here, he's talking with Hef.
Margaret was a new mom, not a huge stretch for her...you may remember her as Oona's mommy. She's got a big glass of Mother's Little Helper to get her through.
She had a crib mattress strapped to her back, covered with the accoutrements of motherhood, most of them having to do with poo management.
Robert Smith from The Cure made the scene. Every time someone pointed a camera at him he stopped laughing and smiling and fell right into character.
Although he did let down his guard once, for me.
A naughty schoolgirl from Kill Bill.
has a conversation with the Lizard King, who happens to be our next-door neighbor and fellow musician.
A little klatsch of witches in the living room.
And a very happy caveman, enjoying the company of his friends and a cold brewski. Gotta love Hef's artless hand, draped over the couch...
I love my creative friends so much sometimes it hurts.

11 comments:

Are we supposed to be diagnosing all these people?

I think publisher/blogger Bill missed his calling in life (...mind you, I have no idea what his calling was, but I think he missed it).

Holy.

Crap.

So. What, Bill just happened to have a deer skin laying around to use for his costume?

What a collection of creative talent!
What brings Robert Smith to the fine little town of Whipple?

My oh my--you have some parties there in Ohio.

One look at Bill and I'd be laughing for much more than 15 minutes...

Ooooo, Billy, hairy!!!

You people scare me...

Eeek. Boys don't cry, indeed!

Very creative minds indeed! Looks like a fun party.

Those are great costumes, I have to admit I liked Bills the best. It looked like a great party, it was nice that everyone dressed up. Hope you and your family have a happy Thanksgiving.

[Back to Top]