Background Switcher (Hidden)

Rehearsal Night

Thursday, December 14, 2006

Precious little time to blog today. I worked like a maniac to get three drawings done. I have missed a Dec. 15 deadline for a 200-drawing job, by 50 drawings. Now I have until the end of January to get them done. You can imagine. The days when I can do three drawings are days that buy me time to do things like put up the Christmas tree, restock the refrigerator, clean the house, do laundry and mail out packages. And practice for our New Year's Eve gig.

Our band, The Swinging Orangutangs, has been practicing twice a week to get ready for the Gig of All Gigs. We've never played a New Year's Eve gig. That's usually reserved for the bands with matching sparkle jackets, the bands that pull down the big bucks. But somehow we've landed a sweeet gig at the Blennerhassett Hotel in Parkersburg, and we mean to make them happy they hired us.

Baker hangs out with us through most all of practice. He loves company, and he likes to sit on my lap and supervise. He also likes to steal kisses when he can.

Sometimes he gets to play keyboard, when Vinnie can help.He haunts Marty, our bass player, watching him intently. It might have something to do with the low frequency of the bass, but sometimes Baker, who barks infrequently, finds himself barking at Marty's bass. Usually, though, he is investigating Marty's beard.Score!

Baker just loves to sit on peoples' laps. It's a good thing he's the size he is--just right for laps. Drummer Steve submits to a face-lickin'. I'm thankful that Vinnie, Marty and Steve all own dogs, and like hanging out with Baker.
Do you think they'd let us take him to the New Year's eve gig? He's already got his tuxedo on.I can assure you that I would not present a problem. I would not bark, I would not steal food and I would not pee on the palm trees.

0 comments:

[Back to Top]