Background Switcher (Hidden)

Sweet Things

Friday, February 10, 2006

Phoebe and Liam have been taking extra good care of Mom. There is something about having my kids come up and put their arms around me that makes me feel better than anything in the world. It's the switcheroo of suddenly being cared for by these precious beings, I think, of knowing that the tables can turn and they'll be there for me. Here's a conversation with Liam from bathtime last night:

If I had a hundred dollars I would go to a store with a lot of bluebells and buy them all for you.
I would buy you some birds, too. Can birds live in bags?
Well, if they're made of open cloth mesh, they can.
Okay, those kind of bags.
What would I do with the birds?
And he pantomimed opening the bag and letting them go.

0 comments:

[Back to Top]