Background Switcher (Hidden)

Beautybeetle

Thursday, January 19, 2006



This is crazy fun, knowing my science buddies are reading. I just got a message from my friend Dave McShaffrey, biology professor at Marietta College. We're partners in box turtle conservation, and spreading nature appreciation to the world. No text, nothing but these exquisite macro shots of a dogbane beetle! Oh, yeaaah! And I'm sorry, Dave, but as gorgeous as these are, they only begin to capture the depth of color, the highly polished intensity of a dogbane beetle on the hoof. I remember thinking that if you could get that finish on a Corvette, you'd really have something special. So the next time you happen on dogbane in July, look for these little guys, and turn your binoculars around to make them magnifying glasses.
Thanks again to Dave McShaffrey!

0 comments:

[Back to Top]