Background Switcher (Hidden)

See You Soon at For the Love of Birds!

Friday, January 14, 2022

I'm here to highlight and celebrate an online event that exceeded all my expectations when I presented there in 2021.  It's a virtual festival called 

For the Love of Birds.

One of the things that's cool about this festival is the lineup--a very fresh take on the world of bird appreciation. FTLOB takes a wider look, with a collection of personalities that you probably haven't seen in other festival rosters. Here's this year's lineup: 

       Dr. Pepper Trail, Senior Forensic Ornithologist & creator of The Feather Atlas

  • John Muir Laws, artist and author of Laws Guide to Drawing Birds
  • Kenn Kaufman, author of the Kaufman field guide series
  • ​Eliana Ardila, Birdguide, Photographer, Biologist & Founder of Birding By Bus
  • ​Jose Martinez Amoedo,survivalist and star of the History Channel's Alone Show
  • ​Marshall Johnson, acting Chief Conservation Officer for the National Audubon Society
  • George Bumann, Yellowstone's master artist & animal language expert
  • Amy Wallace, falconer and founder of Falconry and Me on YouTube
  • ​Freya McGregor, Coordinator at Birdability
  • ​Elle Kaye, professional bird taxidermist & host of Specimens podcast
  • ​Purbita Saha, Senior Editor at Popular Science
From these folks, you'll hear stories like: 

  • The Ancient Art of Hunting With A Trained Raptor: A female falconer from the UK unpacks what it takes to work with these independently-minded animals.
    What To Do When You Can’t Identify A Bird?: World-renown birder, author and artist, Kenn Kaufman, shares his Top 4 recommendations. 
    Survival Expert & Star Of The History Channel’s “Alone Show”: reveals how a nightjar once saved his life. 
    ​Twitch Sketching Warblers: Tips for sketching quickly in the field, with renown nature artist John Muir Laws.
    ​The Secret to Telling The Difference Between A Male & Female Sandhill Crane: without using field marks as a clue. 
    The Unexpected Favorite Prey of The Swainson’s Hawk: during spring migration. Large groups will gather to eat this unusual menu item.
    ​A Self-proclaimed "Grassland Evangelist" Is Changing The Culture Of Food: and reviving ancient practices of raising cattle.
    ​The Elusive Hummingbird Love-Charm Trade: How America's Senior Forensic Ornithologist helped to crack this case.
    ​Tips & Tools For Birding With Hearing Loss: Birdability’s Coordinator shares the most helpful resources.. PLUS..her absolute favorite accessible trail in the US.
    ​3 Expert Tips To Distinguish Hawk Feathers: from the commonly confused turkey feathers. 
    ​How To Feel The Approach of A Peregrine Falcon: before you ever see it.
     
    AND THAT’S JUST THE TIP OF THE ICEBERG!

    What’s unique about this festival is that you aren’t just going to hear from ornithologists and bird nerds (although, they’ll be there too). 
    You’ll get to learn from masters with diverse backgrounds, innovative perspectives… those who have been willing to MAKE THEMSELVES REALLY UNCOMFORTABLE and endure extreme environments in order to push the limits to experience all life has to offer.

    This is an event you're not going to want to miss! 

    Afraid you can't "be there"? Don't worry! 

    The For The Love of Birds Festival is a, VIRTUAL online festival! You don't have to travel - the interviews are coming to you! They'll be broadcast over the web, so you can watch from the comfort of home. 
    So what are you waiting for? Join me at the For The Love of Birds Festival. Grab your ticket today!

     It’s only $12.

And I'm lucky to have been invited back in 2022! I'll be one of the people interviewed by Kristi Dranginis, founder and innovator of this unique online event. She's the raven-haired beauty in the montage below. Such a star she is!! We talk about bird rehabiliation, about the beautiful trio of song sparrows that I raised last fall, and we laugh! 

This festival is an absolute banquet of information and entertainment--I really enjoyed last year's and am looking forward to this year's festival. I rarely take in online content, but I couldn't tear myself away from last year's speakers. A couple of them became instant friends. This is a potent way to get to know some fascinating people. Kristi brings a warm, personal touch to an online event better than anyone I've witnessed.


 For the base fee of only $12, you'll get video interviews with all these fascinating characters listed above. If you decide to step up to a VIP pass, you'll get so much more. For instance, the VIP bonuses I'm offering include a brand spankin' new bird gardening talk, which is a time-travel through the innovations and changes I've made to Indigo Hill to make it better for birds, butterflies, wildlife and me. The other is a live Q & A over Zoom, where you can ask me (almost) anything! Ha ha! Leaving myself a little loophole there...

Please click this link to access the festival.  I really can't believe what you get for only $12 here. And if you step up to a VIP pass ($47), I get a kickback. This is where having good outreach and loyal readers comes in. I really hope to see you at the For the Love of Birds Festival, which happens Jan. 26-30, 2022. 

Here's the festival link:   https://tinyurl.com/zicklovesbirds


    5 comments:

    YES! I learned about this last year just because you mentioned it in your blog, and it was wonderful. So OF COURSE I signed up again as soon as I got Kristi's recent email that the Festival would run again this year.

    I registered for the cheap-o version, but now I'm thinking about upgrading. Is there some way I can get you credit for the upgrade, although I'm already registered at the basic level??

    (I'd urge everybody to sign up for this. The range of speakers is mind-boggling. Such fun!)

    Hey Hamanda! Thank you so much!! I'm glad you enjoyed it last year! I think that if you used the link in my post to sign up, then the kickback should credit to me when you upgrade to VIP. Just a guess.

    Trouble is that I already signed up at the basic level a couple of weeks ago before you posted your link today, so all I need to do now is upgrade. Perhaps I need to send email to Kristi's site to inquire, because I'd love for you to get SOMETHING out of it, besides the satisfaction!

    Hamanda --I don't know if you're also Joan--here's a link from Kristi so you can sign up for the VIP pass.

    https://fortheloveofbirdsfestival.com/for-the-love-of-birds-festival-vip-pass-b22

    Shoot her an email to let her know you want it credited to me.
    And thank you for your consideration!

    JZ

    Saw Kristi's email and now your blog about the Festival - so I'm signing up with your link. Sounds wonderful - looking forward to it!

    [Back to Top]